It’s annual review season at my work. Most years it feels like eh, throw some jargon on there and hope for the cost of living pay increase (which won’t be enough to cover inflation this year, but I digress).
This year feels especially like that line from Whose Line is it Anyway? — “The rules are made up and the points don’t matter.”
My boss quit in July. I haven’t had a direct supervisor since then. I don’t even know what is going to be on my review.
A coworker and I have been guessing at what will be on my review. Here are some options —
- “She seems to show up to work”
- “I haven’t heard complaints”
- “Not sure how she spends her time, but we’ve had worse employees”
- “Her? I don’t know her.”
- “She doesn’t even go here!”
- “She deals with the god damn customers so the engineers don’t have to. She has people skills; she is good at dealing with people. Can’t you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?”
Actually knowing my VP, seems like the last option could realistically happen.