Welcome to this week’s installment of C U Next Tuesday, where I write about the feral cat vomit I stepped in this morning. I’m going to focus on some contemporary white supremacists who you have likely never heard of. Of course, there were so many to choose from, it was really tough.
But first, a word from our sponsor.
Cunt Cuntckerberg: Norman Spear
UPDATE -1/24/20 – Well, well, well, well, well, well, well, well, well. Looks like you can’t hide behind your anonymity anymore, Norm. The Guardian has identified him (excellent reporting, Guardians). Thanks to EmmerdoesNOTrepresentme for alerting everyone.
His real name is Rinaldo Nazzaro. While it seems he at some point has lived in New York and New Jersey, evidence seems to point to him being based out of goddamn Russia (his wife is Russian). So, great. Other than that, he’s been pretty low-profile and they haven’t found much information on him thus far.
Norman Spear (an alias) is the founder of the new-ish white supremacist social network The Base – whose explicit mission is to unite racists of all stripes and help them do violence. He goes first on this list because he scares me the most, and his true identity is not known.
He’s on my radar today, because Virginia’s governor called a State of Emergency ahead of threats of violence at a gun rights rally they held yesterday (MLK Day). Much to people’s surprise and relief, it ended up being peaceful, probably thanks to law enforcement arresting some members of The Base.
He is the cunt in question, but most of this is about The Base:
- “Al-qaeda” translates into English as “The Base.”
- According to the Vice exposé:
- The Base is focused on paramilitary training and off-line activities, with the explicit intent to start a violent race war.
- The application to be part of the community requires some degree of military/technical weaponry knowledge.
- They have a database of uploaded resources explicitly for bomb and weapon-making strategies, as well as war and survivalist tactics.
- He started by uploading a series of videos called “Guerilla Warfare Theory” (which I will not link to).
- They are a collection of loosely related groups who subscribe to the Northwest Territorial Imperative (that whole thing where people wanted to make the PNW into a white ethnostate, except – oh wait – they are still trying to do that). The Base serves as a means for planning and meeting each other.
- The Base is not interested in infiltrating the Republican Party, but rather on enacting terrorism without the help of establishment allies.
- An Antifa group claims to have knowledge that The Base is trying to build a “hate camp” (training camp for paramilitary activity) just outside Seattle. Law enforcement authorities agree and are “keeping an eye on it” (I hope, jesus fuck).
Evolutionary Psycuntogist: Kevin MacDonald
Kevin MacDonald is a tenured practitioner of
alchemy evolutionary psychology (which is garbage).
- He’s one of the founding members and leaders of the American Freedom Party, which is an anti-Semitic and white nationalist hate group (according to the Southern Poverty Law Center).
- He has published a bunch of fucking nonsense explaining how the Jews have evolved to outsmart their enemies (the rest of the people on earth).
- He is considered one of the most important academics of the Neo-Nazi movement, specifically for his racist ass trilogy of books called The Culture of Critique.
- He and David Duke are in love.
- His partner as the leader of the American Freedom Party, William D. Johnson, is a lawyer who once, under a pen name, advocated for the repeal of the 14th and 15th Amendments, and that all non-white people were deported from the US, and was also chosen as a delegate in California by the Trump campaign in 2016.
- He is now retired, but Cal State decided they must honor his tenure, so he wasn’t fired
when they were caught knowingthey found out he was a white nationalist.
Cuntgressional Also-Ran: Paul Nehlen
His name might sound familiar. If you’re trying to place it, it’s because he has repeatedly run for Paul Ryan’s seat and Trump thinks he’s a pretty neato guy. Bonus points, he had our boy Kevin MacDonald as his campaign spokesman at one point! I would say we dodged a bullet there, but we’ve been hit with plenty of other bullets so…
- Southern Poverty Law Center refers to him as an “elder statesman” for a bunch of violence-oriented white nationalist groups.
- He’s an outspoken and well-known anti-semite who says a whole bunch of anti-semitic things.
- He got banned from Twitter for being racist at Meghan Markle (but not the rest of the population of the world).
- Even Breitbart abandoned him for being too racist (although you could argue that wasn’t the reason).
- He posted a list of his critics (with their phone numbers), “accusing” many of being Jews.
- He’s a big name on the white supremacist podcast circuit.
- Here’s a quote from his appearance on the Gas Station podcast (to which I won’t link, but you can find the quote on SPLC’s site):
- “People were suggesting that maybe he [alleged Poway synagogue shooter John T. Earnest] is of Jewish ancestry and, quite honestly, I think we ought to step back from this and say it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter. It just doesn’t matter. Because if he is Aryan or if he is Jewish, he went in and shot up some Jews. And, quite honestly, if we can convince Jews to go in and shoot up other Jews, then that’s the power of the crystals right there. So I’m of the opinion that he is not of the Jewish persuasion and we see this trotted out every single time. … They always try to put some spin on these guys whether it’s [alleged Pittsburgh Synagogue shooter Robert] Bowers or [alleged New Zealand terrorist] Tarrant or [racist mass murderer Dylann] Roof or [Norwegian Terrorist Anders] Breivik – any of these guys, they stepped up to do something and we ought to celebrate them. … Unfortunately, it was not livestreamed. [The New Zealand terror attack] set the bar on that pretty high here recently. But I’m encouraged… we’re gonna see this acceleration continue… we’re gonna find ourselves in a situation where we’re the ones who tear it down. We aren’t necessarily the ones who are gonna build it back up. It’d be great if we are. It’d be great if we could do it in that timeframe, but it’s gotta be torn down. This whole neoliberal facade that we’re all walking around in has got to be torn down and it’s got to be destroyed. And so that’s where I stand… I’m not backing away from this kid. I’m heralding his arrival.”
You can view past installments of C U Next Tuesday here.